Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 stars for this book. I got totally hooked up from the start (Didn’t know it was already 5 am when I finally took a break reading this. XD) This is the first time I read a psychological-thriller. It was cool, weird and spooky but definitely interesting. I love Mara and Noah! Especially their witty banters and snappy comebacks with each other that would really make you grin and laugh despite the mysterious and uncanny situation behind. :DD

I struggled a little bit though towards the last part. When finally Mara was able to remember what exactly had happened that night and what had truly caused the accident. Then the part when Mara and Noah made their confessions about their abilities, I needed to reread that part. I don’t know if the writing went messy or its just my brain messing up with the book. LOL. But I get quite a hold from it then until BAM, the ending! The ending was a total sucker punch! The impact was..ughh! I wasn’t expecting that, now I really need the second book. I need more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...