Friday, November 4, 2011

Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Rating: 4.75 of 5 stars


~I actually read this a few months ago so the excitement and reactions are a bit not fresh so this review will be a little short.~

Divergent is a fantastic, magnificent debut novel. With the increasing popularity of dystopian novels, this book really stand-out a lot.

Since I got hooked up with the Hunger Games, dystopian novels had come really close to my heart. So when I saw this from a book blog, saying that if you're a fan of THG this is a good book for you, I read it right away. And well, it was true. It was indeed an awesome book.

When I started reading this it did remind me of THG. But I didn't really compare it because though they have some similarities they still have their own unique ideas and style.

In this world, the society had been divided into 5 different factions, factions based on peoples values: Candor for honesty, Amity for kindness, Dauntless for bravery, Erudite for intelligence and Abnegation for selflessness. When Tris turned 16 she has to choose which faction she will be. And much to her surprise she chose Dauntless. Making her leave her family and learn a total different things and values, face challenges, and keep and discover secrets that might put her in mortal danger.

Tris is a strong, fierce, independent, but still lovely character. She knows how different she is to her family, though she had lived her life of 16 years being Abnegation she knows deep inside her she is far being like that. I love how she face her challenges and how she learned and realize things from it and through meeting other people from different factions. She's the kind of heroine who is really fun and exciting, a kick-ass one. And then Four! *swoons* Oh well, you would just really love everything about him. (Yay, so much for the fangirling.) Anyway, he's mysterious but has a really good character. I love how he cared for Tris, how he handled the training and a lot of complicated situations, how he observed Tris, how straight forward he confessed to her,(I can really go on with the list. LOL.) and how he showed her his vulnerable side - his four weaknesses. Will and Christina, Tris's friends are really funny and nice you'll like them instantly. And also Tris's mom, who is very much understanding, caring, brave and strong.

Veronica Roth did a great job creating such an interesting and unique world and cool characters. 4.75 stars for this book. I recommend this to everyone, especially those who love dystopia. Definitely an awesome read! ^^

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Great Review!!! This is definitely on my TBR pile now.
    Great blog as well...
    Please comment on mine as well thanks
    http://bookomatic.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...