Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Review: Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

As much as I love the first book, this one just did't really got me totally hooked up. It was okay, it was a nice read but the excitement I got were a little less than what I had expected. I guess I was expecting something more twisting, something totally shocking. Nevertheless the writing was good, Derting was still able to deliver some really spooky and creepy parts very well. 

I find Violet a little annoying here. I just don't get some of her reasons why she doesn't want to tell her family about what she had heard or discovered or why its taking her too long to at least tell it to Jay. She's getting a bit dramatic in this book. And Jay, really he's just so kind and too sweet and mushy and cheesy. Which is a bit... too sappy for a mysterious book, I guess. I don't know, sometimes I find it really cute, but sometimes its 'okay, enough'. 

New characters were also introduced. Sara and Rafe. Sara's knowledge about things like what Violet can do was intriguing. And Rafe was interesting. And I like him. LOL. He doesn't have that much appearance on the book but really, you'll definitely notice him when he appears. I even thought that it was okay if he became a competitor to Violet's attention. I wasn't really at all bothered if it ever comes to like that. I mean I like Jay and Violet, but I think I might also like Rafe and Violet. Well, let’s see on the next book. ^^ 

The mysterious parts, the guessing-game was exciting and interesting however when everything was finally revealed it wasn't all that surprising. But I liked that in the end Violet finally realized that her ability is a gift and not a curse, something that she could use to help others and for the good. :)) 

So yeah, 3.5 stars for this book. I think I'm still gonna read the 3rd book. Because of Rafe! LOL. :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...