Friday, November 4, 2011

Review: Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg


Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg
Rating: 4 of 5 stars


This one is a fun, lovely, cute, quick read. I love it. This is the second time I read a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice. And I still did enjoy it.

Though I already figured out everything from the beginning and had predicted almost every thing quite right I still had fun reading this. I haven't really read the original Pride and Prejudice (I'm not really into classics) but this one did appeal to me. With the modern set up it became more interesting and likable.

Our Elizabeth Bennet here, is a scholar in a prestigious, hing-class, all-girls Longbourn Academy. And being a different one, a 'charity case' they call, she received a lot taunting and humiliation from the other students. Which affected her judgement towards the people with money especially when she met Will Darcy. Will is a student from Pemberley Academy, an all-boy sister school of Longbourn. He had been rude to Lizzie when they first met, gaining a more bad impression to her. But since after the incident in the bookstore, he had tried his best to know Lizzie. In which had been not so easy since both judgement were affected by past experiences.

But soon realization came up, when things had been properly explained, and had been amended they finally understand each other. That they had been narrow minded because of what had happened in the past.

A fun read. I needed to read something like this because I was still raw from my last read, Sing Me To Sleep, and I just really needed something to lighten up my mood because whenever I remember it, it was just so saddening that I might cry again. OTL. Anyway, I recommend this to everyone especially those who like a fun, quick, read. :))

P.S.
This is the cleanest, wholesome-st, chick-lit I ever read. Haha. :DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...