Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
Rating 5 of 5 stars


I would just simply say this book is perfect. No more of those nuclear bombs of adjectives describing how great the book is, just simply perfect. Reading a final book of a series has always made me feel a little anxious, well of course I do get excited and giddy too, but there would always be the feeling that I might not get satisfied in the end, and surely its effects on me will be devastating. But thank goodness, Julie Kagawa knows how to make a proper ending, especially for such a great series.

While reading this book, I was like ‘Oh god, Julie, how are you even able do this?’ I was completely awe and amazed. There’s something in her writing which always caught me, that always made me so much drawn to the story. Her imagination is just wow! By the way she wrapped this up, it left me very well contented and satisfied.

In this book, Ash and Puck traveled to find a way for Ash to be with Meghan in the Iron Realm. As they goes through their journey, they faced great physical, mental and emotional challenges, met companions they never thought would be coming and found realization within themselves.

One great thing about this book is I get to see Ash’s side. His thoughts, his past, his wavering and vulnerable side. I was able to learn more of him here, see what he really was. I saw how he faced everything, how his thoughts dithered and faltered at times, how he hesitated with his decisions, how he took all those realizations. And also how he had overcome them.

The Ash and Puck team-up was also one of the high points of this book. Though there had always been tension between the two because of what had happened in the past, both had come into civil terms in this part of the series. I saw how their relationship was in the past and how the challenges and unexpected twist they faced through their journey affected it. Though, basically this is Ash’s story, Puck really did shine in this book. And I think I saw a mending relationship in here. :))

The last part was in Meghan’s point of view (Is this a spoiler? Haha!), oh well, I won’t be saying anything but yeah, definitely this is a good part. I found myself on my way to the last part wishing that I could read the ending in Meghan’s POV, and *tadaa!* Kagawa did it! Yay! The ending was —-:))!

And yeah, one more thing, I was so so touched, moved, awed, amazed on how Ash had fallen in love with Meghan. After knowing almost everything about him, from what he was and what he did in the past, it was kind of Wow! To think that this guy, this kind of guy fell in love with a girl and now he would definitely do anything and give up everything just to be with her. That was just really WOW! :)) (Yeah, wow. I can’t find a word to describe it. Haha!)

This series will always remain in my heart! I will forever treasure this story. Thank you Julie Kagawa for creating such magic, I was totally devoured by your world.

A perfect read! I highly recommend this! :))

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't picked this series up yet, I don't know what's stopping you. It has everything. Sure it's romantic, but it's also action-packed, deep, hilarious, dark, powerful and gripping-stirring every emotion. With a heavy sigh, I say goodbye to the Iron Fey series, but I'll be visiting it often, reliving the story of these Fey. Their names won't be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...