Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Review: Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

~For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart. 

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source – a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.~ (Goodreads Summary)

First of all, I'm wondering why this is on he young-adult bookshelf? This is practically an erotica, not that its bad. I was just a little surprised when the first intimate scene came. Haha! I mean I wasn't really actually expecting something that detailed. I just thought this was just a contemporary young-adult novel, so yeah. Haha! But hey, I did like the story of this book. See, I gave it a 4 stars. LOL. :DD

I'm usually not into this kind of novel, the tone is serious, dramatic, and definitely mature. However I was already caught up in the story before I found out that this is way more mature than...the mature things I expected. Haha! But anyhoo, the story's definitely good. And quite unique or different...for me, I guess, because it focuses on the girl who did the cheating. Whereas in usual love stories the story centers on the guy or the girl who got cheated.

The writing is good and has the effect to hold you tight with great curiosity. However there are situations that I think was constantly repeating and repeating making the book brutally long, that made me frustrated. But surprisingly, I was patient. I can't seem to drop and stop reading. And well, in the end, I guess it was worth it. :))

The author has this great way of making you hate the character and love them at the same time. You'll find yourself thinking that they are soo adorable, and cute, and lovely and then the next your'll be saying he's a jerk or she's a bitch or they are both idiots. But in the end you'll still both love them. >:DD

Kiera' character was frustrating yet you would still like and understand her. She's naive and her indecisiveness was really annoying. She seem to realize everything late. I got frustrated a lot with her but I can't seem to really hate her that much. Even though what she did was seriously uhmm...bitchy I still find myself wishing her to be happy and okay.

And then Kellan. During the middle parts, when the tension between him and Kiera was getting intense, I was almost totally convinced that even though he's a drop-dead-gorgeous, achingly handsome and absurdly attractive guy, he was a total man-whore. But after hearing his story, Oh my, Its like I just wanted to hold him and hug him and tell him that its okay, that there are people who really do love him. And then at that point I finally understand him. I just saw a boy who just wanted to love and to be loved, and I forgive him for what he did...even though it was really bad.

I love the last part, the way Stephens made it balanced. By making Kiera feel the impact and consequences of what they did. To feel miserable and realize her mistakes. But in the end to find love back and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...