Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer Armentrout

Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout
Rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Yay! This book is freakin’ awesome! This one literally kicked the ass out of me. LOL. I definitely love it. :DD

When I read the prequel, Daimon, a month ago I was instantly hooked up. It was awesome and I totally craved for the first book. And so, when I finally was able to read this book, Dang! It was freakin’ amazing. I was a little worried that this one might not justify the awesomeness of the prequel, but dude, was I wrong, it made more than justify it. It went to a higher level of coolness, and awesomeness, and amazing-ness. This book blew me away. :DD

So our little heroine here is Alexandria Andros. The first thing I would describe her - a total kick ass heroine. I mean metaphorically and literally. LOL. Alex is a child of a demigod and a mortal, making her a half-blood. Hematois are the one with pure bloods, child of both demigods. 3 years ago, she and her mother fled the Covenant where half-bloods and pure-bloods receive their education and training, - which her mother said is for the best but never really explained to her why. They lived in the mortal world for 3 years but after her mother got killed by a daimon she was forced to go back to the Covenant - the place where her mother warned her never to return.

This book did remind me of the Vampire Academy (Well, I haven’t really read the whole VA but I read the first parts and was atleast able to get the main plot and concept of the book.)but I think it does’n t really matter. Because clearly they have both different kind of worlds. Mythology has always been my favorite, and with Jennifer Armentrout’s great writing and imaginative skill, she was able to build a very unique world from it. I love it and I think it was really cool.

The characters of this book are really great. Alex is awesome. I love her! She’s strong, beautiful, funny and brave. Though sometimes I got annoyed by her lack of patience and being a bit stubborn she is still very much likable and that characteristics of her made her a total kick-ass heroine. And then there’s Aiden St. Delphi, a very swoon worthy male. LOL. He’s a pure-blood who volunteered to train Alex. He’s a nice, caring, protective, patient, good-looking, sexy guy. Haha! He’s the guy Alex has been crushing (and still crushing) before she left the Covenant. And as the story progress both are clearly developing mutual feelings for each other however the rules forbid them to be - pure-bloods and half-bloods cannot mix romantically. (But still this part is so worth it , I so love Aiden an I really want the both of them together.) And there goes another swoon-worthy guy, Seth, the Apollyon. Which is some sort the half of Alex and they have this some kind of connections. I was a little worried though and curious at the same time now that they’re bonded.

So all in all, 4.5 stars for this book. I really love it. I’m very much looking forward for the second book. I recommend this to everyone! ^^

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you liked this! :D It's definitely one of my favorite YA books now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Me too, totally love this one! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Gosh, I'm dying to read this one. Well, any of her novels really. They just sound extremely good! I'll probably take you up on reading the prequel first though. Now I just need to get my hands on them all! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...