Friday, November 11, 2011

Review: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Rating: 4.5 of 5 stars


I adore this book very much. The writing, the characters, the place, the music, the humor, everything! It was just so adorable! I find myself wishing the story not to end or just that it was longer. I grew instantly attached with it in just a couple of hours. Haha! ^^

The story all started when Nick, a bassist of an indie band who has been sulking from the break-up with his girlfriend asked Norah to be his girlfriend for five minutes upon seeing his ex approaching him with a different guy.

Nick and Norah met in a really peculiar and inconvenient circumstances. It was funny, cute, and lovely. Though they were struggling with each of their own issues when they met, their meeting did helped them to come out of it, understand it, learn something, and realize what they are, what they need and what they really want.

I love Nick! And I can say I swooned a lot from him. He may not be described as stunningly attractive guy, but his every characteristics is just so uniquely attractive. A straight-edge guy who loves music, plays the bass guitar, a promising lyricist and according to Norah, a good kisser. He's sort of the soft kind of guy but he has this cool and hot aura that you'll definitely love about him. Norah is just so adorable. I love how she describe things, how she thinks, how she likes music, how she loves Oreo, and how she describes Nick. Haha. She's a funny, witty, frigid girl but totally lovable.

What I enjoyed the most is when they flirt verbally, I mean, when when they talk and their comebacks with each other are just really cute, not overtly and obviously cheesy but still sweet it will make you grin. And yes! The setting, New York. You could just imagine it so lovely and beautiful, especially the scene in the rain. That was totally aahhhhh~! Haha. And also, of course, the scene in the ICE room in Marriott. That was...hot but also really really funny.

The writing's definitely good! Having both POV's narrate the story made me able to enjoy both thoughts and perspective. In that way, it also made it easier for me to know and understand both characters. The pacing was also fast you could finish it in just a couple of hours. There were lots of swear words and profanities but I don't really mind.

This is a one funny, touching, lovely story to read. I highly recommend this to everyone! ^^  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...