Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Rating: 5 of 5 stars

Instant favorite! Now this book’s on the list of my favorite books ever! I can’t believe I just started reading this series now. I have been seeing this on a lot of book blogs but I didn’t think that it would be really great. Faeries just didn’t appeal to me that much. I have read Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr. It was a nice read though I struggle a little and got confused with some faerie details. It left me that impression about faerie type of novels. Just then I saw a lot of book blogs spazz over the The Iron Knight, so I checked the serious out and saw a lot of good reviews. A lot of my friends here in goodreads too have read it and gave high ratings. And that’s when I decided to read this series. And it never failed me! This is absolutely a gorgeous book!

It didn’t got me confused and I read it straight and smooth. I enjoyed it very much. The characters and their adventures were really interesting and exciting. Meghan, our heroine, who turned out to be the daughter of Oberon, King of the Seelie Court, was really adorable, she was brave and I admire how much she cares for those who were important to her. She has a bestfriend, Puck/Robin Goodfellow, who was actually a faerie whom the King ordered to protect her and keep her from the Faerie world. He was cool and funny, made a lot of jokes and took things light and easy. And then there was Prince Ash, *swoooooons* who was the youngest son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I like him! Like I really really like him. LOL. (I was so sure of myself that I am in Team Ash even though I was still on the first part of the book and he hasn’t gotten a seen. Seriously, me!) He was mysterious and he was achingly gorgeous, infuriatingly handsome and devastatingly hot. Alright, I’m over reacting but seriously he was just hot. He and Meghan had a bargain that if Ash would help her rescue her brother from the Iron Fey she would willingly give herself to the Unseelie Court. However…they fell in love. Which wasn’t really good because both were from rival courts. Which also made the story even more really interesting.

Julie Kagawa’s writing was impressive. The idea about the Iron Fey was really cool and unique. I just started reading the second book and I’m looking forward for more interesting twists and exciting adventures, and of course on how Meghan and Ash will work their feelings for each other. I recommend this book! I had a lot of fun reading this! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...