Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is HELL SUPERB! Words aren’t enough to describe how great this book is. I was very much astounded, impressed, and surprised. I had all kinds of emotion surging on me while reading this. Julie Kagawa never failed to impress me.

The story goes off after Ash and Meghan got exiled from the Nevernever. Learning that despite being an exile,the fake Iron King was still after her, Meghan decided to face them and do what she had to do to protect her family and love ones and as well as the whole of the Nevernever. This is a story about love, friendship, loyalty and faith. With its great world buid-up and character development this is one hell of an epic story. :))

Okay, I really don’t know how I should start this review. So much are coming on my mind and when I try to put them together, bam! I don’t know which one to say first or how I am going to tell it. Suddenly I don’t know how to express them, they are seriously overwhelming. So yeah, maybe let’s just start with my say to each character in this book.

Meghan Chase. I love how her character developed in this book. She had always been protective over the people she loved and she would do everything to keep them safe. In this book she still is, but she had grown mature and wise. No more of the teenage mortal girl who only wanted her normal life and family in her mortal world. This time she had accepted what she is and what she had to do. She had her weakness and doubts but she was able to find a way to overcome them. Her decision and sacrifice at the last part was totally heart breaking (I cried at that part) but I know that she made a right decision and that was for the best.

Ash. I saw a lot more of his emotion in this part of the series. He had been more open in this book. Dude, I can see how much in love he is to Meghan and I got totally swooned. Everything he did was for Meghan and God, I had goosebumps when Meghan asked him to be her knight and he did the Oath.

“My name is Ashallyn’darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court…Let it be known—from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on…” His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. “I am yours.”

This part was just really OH MY GOD. I couldn’t breathe and I was as happy as Meghan was. This was one of the best parts. After the oath was also the first time he said ‘I love you’ directly to Meghan. Gahd, it felt like I was the one in love. And so when I reached the last part, It also felt like I got really heart broken. I cried. It was my birthday Eve and I was crying. I was crying for Ash and Meghan. I don’t blame Meghan for making such decision, that was the right thing. But I admire Ash for what he did on the last part. He vowed that he will do everything, that he will never give up and he will find a way. And that made me a little relieved but still the effects of the last part did crushed my heart.

So yeah! I’m counting on you Ash! I’m almost at the half part of The Iron Knight and I know you’ll make it. Don’t let me fall. :))

Puck. The ever so funny, witty, hilarious Puck. Just like what I said on my previous review, he is a very respectable character. Despite being all comical, easy-going, sarcastic and funny, you know he is very loyal to Meghan and he respected and supported every decision she made. Even though she broke his heart and chose Ash over him. He has accepted it even though obviously he’s still in love with her. He never left her side. And I have always respected him more and more with every Iron Fey book I read. He is definitely one of the characters I admire most in all the books I've read. :))

Grimalkin. Yeah, the smartest character in this book is a cat. Why? Because he’s a cat. LOL. This cat though most of times is really intimidating and would suddenly vanished like poof, he never fail to come when he is needed most and always offer his help (well, of course there’s a price but his price are reasonable, I think at least)

The last part of the book had me seriously twisted. LOL. I had felt a lot of emotions all at the same time. The twists and realizations were shocking and amazing. Kagawa really did a great job. So all in all, a million stars again for this book. Haha. Yeah, I’m serious. This book is magic. I highly recommend this! :))

1 comment:

  1. The story would have been good if I wasn't constantly being aggravated by how STUPID the main character would act. The only characters I did like were Ash and Grimalkin (how couldya not?). I didn't think anything that Puck said was at all funny.
    And some of the most obvious solutions were glanced over to make for a much more complicated end.
    Then again, I'm not the best judge for everyone and my friend (who made me read the series) loves this book with every fiber of our being.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...