Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer Armentrout

Title: Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Published: December 6th 2011
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Read synopsis: Goodreads

Rating: 5 of 5 stars


Never in my life had I ever thought that aliens could be so sexy and hot. But boy, was I wrong! I am practically drooling and swooning over them right now. Oh Daemon baby... *sigh*

Jennifer Amerntrout really knows how to write a kick-ass story! Obsidian certainly did not disappoint me. I felt so giddy all throughout reading it, I was completely consumed and overcome. It offered me more than what I had expected - exciting twist, unique plot and concept (sexy aliens!), thrilling actions, hot romance and steamy scenes, and adorkable but lovely yummy characters. Simply put, this book is just so freaking amaaaazing~!

Katy and her mom moved from Florida to a small town in West Virginia right before her senior year. She became friends with Dee, her neighbor but Dee's brother doesn't seem to like her. He was rude to her and always pissed her off. But somehow, some part of her is getting attracted to him. And so does Daemon to her (though he still kept on teasing her). However there is something Dee and Daemon was hiding from her. They were not humans. They were aliens. And her finding that out did only not put her in danger but also might be the end to all of them.

Katy is an adorable and equally wonderful character. I love her. She's strong funny and fights back and runs a review blog! Haha. She isn't the kind of character you'll get irritated or annoyed at times. She makes good decisions and stands for it. I love how loyal she is to Dee, how selfless of her to sacrifice her safety for them. Daemon is this hot, sexy, gorgeous alien neighbor of Katy. He was rude to Katy the first time they met but that's because he was trying to protect he and her sister from being exposed. He loves to make fun of her and teases her a lot. I really love it whenever they are together and keeps on having their witty and snappy banters. It was funny and sweet. He may be rude and have pissed Katy a lot but I think he does really care for her. I also love his relationship with her sister,Dee. He's a good brother and he'd do everything to protect her. Dee is another lovely character. I like her already the first time she came up on the book. She's so kind and her care for Katy was real and genuine.

And boy, how I love those extra chapter's in Daemon's POV! That just proves that he is definitely attracted to her and cares for her. I was giddy and swooning while reading it.

"But no matter where I went, what I was running from would still be with me—Kat. She wasn’t just back in the house, in that bed. She was with me now, inside me. And there was no outrunning that." - Daemon 

Ahhhhhhh! That is just...ASDASFDAFASERFA!

Oh my, can I have the second book now? I just really can't get enough of them. Aliens. Sexy Aliens. Gorgeous Aliens. Swoon-worthy Aliens. Yeah, they certainly exist in my mind now. This is the first book I've read about aliens and obviously it did have an entirely different effect on me than what I would've expected in reading a normal paranormal-sci-fi-alien based novel. Jennifer really did a very nice job with them. It was unique and incredibly cool.

This is a must read! Jennifer Armentrout is now officially one of my favorite authors! I highly recommend this! You're gonna love love love Daemon this! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...