Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

Title: My Soul to Take
Author: Rachel Vincent
Published: August 1st 2009
Publisher: Harlequin
Read synopsis: Goodreads

Rating: 4.5 of 5 stars


Reading this was sort of an accident. I wasn't really planning on reading this yet when I saw my copy and try to take a sneak peek. But that sneak peek turned into full time reading. And find my self enjoying and getting hooked up with the book. 

My Soul to Take was a fun, entertaining, and thrilling read. The plot and concept was unique and original. I haven't read something like the concept of this book. The idea about the bean sidhe, grim reaper, soul screamers made this book very different from most YA paranormal books. I love how the author mixed mythology and paranormal in one. And I think it was really awesome!

I love all the characters! Kaylee is a great and cool character. She's a strong-willed person and I love the good in her to help other people. I love how she grew up in the story and how she take all the revelations in her life. Nash is HOT. LOL(Fangirling striking in!) He's kind, thoughtful and really caring. Though I was a bit suspicious of him during the first parts but that eventually fade when I saw how he never left Kaylee and filled her out everything he know she needed to learn. I love the sweet and cute moments between the two. Tod was a funny, cool and teasing character! I love him! Haha! And I love him more when I found out he's brother with Nash. And that makes him both a reaper and bean sidhe, which I find really cool. I also think that though most of the times Nash and Tod don't get along, I think Tod really cares for his brother and loves him. Aiden and Brendon, Kaylee's dad and uncle are also nice characters. I see that their love for Kaylee are true and genuine.

The twists were exciting and amusing! The writing was good and I love how the characters were developed. All in all, the book is amazing. I enjoyed it very much. A fun and exciting read. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...