Sunday, December 4, 2011

Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Title: Beautiful Disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire
Published: 2011
Publisher: Jamie McGuire
Read synopsis: Goodreads
Rating: 3.75 of 5 stars


This book is seriously annoying and cute. I did enjoy this book but there are some parts that I find frustrating and really annoying. Yet when I was reading it I can't seem to stop. I felt glued to the novel. I don't know what's in this book but I like it even when I think I shouldn't really like it that much. (does that make sense?) I mean, I actually have lots of things I can point out about this book as to why I shouldn't like it. But some part of my brain is, like, trying to override those things and just keeps on making me like the book. I have [quite a lot of] things I didn't like but I still love it anyway.


The cover was the first one that took my attention. It was... gross? A bit nasty? Haha. But when I read the synopsis that one got my interest. A lot of good reviews were also written so last night I finally decided reading it. So here's what I think.

The plot was interesting. What actually took my interest when I read the synopsis was about their bet, that if Travis loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. I was curious as to what's gonna happen and thought that I would be really enjoying it.

Abby and Travis are adorable...and annoying. But I do love them! I love their banters when they first met and when they finally started their relationships. There were really a lot of cheesy cheesy cheesy lines which isn't very like me but never mind I love them. And also a lot of fights that put me a lot of times on edge of my patience and frustration tolerance but still never mind 'cause I love them. What the heck! I mean, I was really annoyed with that, I don't get when they can't seem to made up when both of them really wanted to made up. I was annoyed with both of them. To Abby for keeping on pushing him away and being so stubborn when really she wants him back and for Travis for being too repulsive and aggressive. I sometimes think he’s obsessed with Abby and well, that is scary. But when they finally made up I can't help but laugh with how it happened and all my annoyance on them fade. I don't know with this two but really sometimes they are just so ridiculous.

The ending isn't something I had expected. It was a happy ending but there's just something that I think...a bit too rush? Maybe. It's just that I think they were too young? Or with Travis personality I think it wouldn't be really easy? I don't know. Whatever. Just don't think about this. LOL. The author left it with that. They're happy, they're contented and they love it. So yeah, whatever with what I was trying to say. Let's just love it too. XD
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...