Monday, January 9, 2012

Review: Past Perfect by Leila Sales

Title: Past Perfect
Author: Leila Sales
Published: October 4th 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Read Synopsis: Goodreads

Rating: 4 of 5 stars


Past Perfect was a fun and delightful read. I didn't expect that I's be able to enjoy this book so much. I found myself staying awake until 3 am just to finish this book even when I have a 7:30 am class tomorrow (Luckily, class got suspended today! I was literally dragging myself to take a bath this morning when it was announced that there were no classes today. Hurrah!). I laughed, swooned, and grin like a mad man on all the cute and funny stuffs in this book. This book also offered really insightful thoughts that made me nod in agreement.

Chelsea was an adorable and easy to relate character. She's funny and witty but sometimes she gets pretty whinny and frustrating. Throughout the story Chelsea was dealing on getting over with her break-up with her ex-boyfriend, Ezra. What Chelsea did was to remember only the good stuffs about Ezra, as her best friend had said "For someone who’s supposed to be an expert at history, you just suck at remembering what’s real." She refused to remember the bad things and glossed it over thus making it even harder for her to accept the break-up.

Lots of thing had happen, bad and good, before she was finally able to realize what was wrong and developed herself. I loved how she was finally enlightened on things especially when her dad explained her the thing about the past and history which was really insightful.

"What really happened doesn't matter. What matters is how we agree to remember it"
"Although things actually happen, we don’t remember them the way they actually were."

The romance was cute and sweet! I love Dan. He's a sweet heart and I just wish we had learned a lot more of him. There were those really swoon-worthy bits that made me smile a lot and grin hard.

“We shouldn't be doing this." Dan broke the silence, his voice low. "We would both get in trouble." He stood up. "Let's go back."

"We shouldn't be doing what?" I scrambled to my feet. "What exactly are we doing?"
"This."
"You mean consorting?"
"Sure, consorting. Cavorting. Carousing." He paused to take a deep breath.
"Kissing." Then he leaned in and pressed his mouth to mine.”

Other characters like Fiona, Chelsea's best friends, was really lovable. I love how she had been a very great friend for Chelsea, for keeping on supporting her and help her realize thing about herself.

The war between the Colonials and Reenactment land was really funny too. It was silly and ridiculous but I enjoyed how everyone of them were so dedicated with it like it was a real war. The things they did was quite unbelievable but nevertheless it was still amusing and really entertaining. Bits of historical stuff were also narrated in this book so I was able to learns some historical stuffs too.

Overall, this was a very fun and insightful read. It was a really charming and adorable read. The story wasn't complex but you'll still be able to learn great stuffs in here. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...