Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#21)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, that spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" is...

Title: The Nightmare Affair
Author: Mindee Arnett
Expected Publication: March 13th 2012
Publisher: Tor Teen

16-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare. Literally. Dusty is a magical being who feeds on human dreams.

Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy is hard enough. But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing. But it does. Eli is dreaming of a murder. The setting is Arkwell.

And then it comes true.

Now the Dusty has to follow the clues--both within Eli’s dreams and out of them--to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target.

This sounds like a very interesting and fun read at the same time. The premise is very promising and Dusty seems like a very likable character. And after seeing the line "He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing." well, I'm sold! LOL! >:D

16 comments:

  1. This sounds cute in a creepy kind of way. I love the idea of our main character being a nightmare!

    New follower :)


    My WOW

    And check out my giveaway HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick Eunice, I honestly have no idea where you dig these little gems up from. But this one as you said sounds fascinating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Dusty does sound like a likeable character! And the short extract you shared would sell me on this, too! I hope you get to read it soon. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds so original and I love that :) Nice pick!

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh this one is on my to-read list as well and I can't wait for it to come out. It sounds quite interesting. Great pick.
    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't WAIT to read this book! I love boarding school scenarios, and it sounds like this book might be pretty humorous too. Deficiently my sort of read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really different :) awesome!

    Here's mine: http://uncorkedthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks very interesting - great choice! And I just LOVE that front cover, it's so original. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds really original!!!!!!! I love the cover! So gorgeous! Fantastic Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this some time back and thought it sounded really great too! I love the cover. Plus, it sounds funny and cute!
    The "He's hot" part is what convinced me to get a copy of the book when it comes out too! :D LOL!
    Great pick, Eunice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! the book sounds really interesting and potentially very funny too which is always nice. (Tor Teen has been doing an awesome job publishing great books recently haha)
    This is my WoW of the Week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! This one sounds really good and the cover is quite unique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The concept behind this sounds different and really interesting! Plus Eli makes it sounds that much more enticing. ;) Fab pick, E! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm SO looking forward to this one--the concept, the cover, everything just sounds really cool and really promising. Nice pick for this week!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, Eunice! I'm glad that you mentioned that line in the synopsis, because I was sold when I saw that line too! ;) It sounds very different and original, right? I'm very excited for this book to come out!! <3

    Awesome pick, hun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...