Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Review: Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler

Title: Bittersweet 
Author: Sarah Ockler
Published: January 3rd 2012 
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Read Synopsis: Goodreads

Rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is such a cute, sweet and fluffy read. I had a so much fun reading this. I laughed and drooled a lot (oh, just imagine those cupcakes, yum!) in this book. The characters are adorable and brilliant, especially Hudson. That girl is just really funny and hilarious. This is my first Sarah Ockler book and I loved her writing style, and those cupcake descriptions are just soo yummy it left me totally craving. 

After reading the prologue I thought this was a serious, dramatic type of book. But no, it was not. Because it was actually the opposite. Hudson was a talented, brilliant and funny girl. And despite the regrets she had because of her past decisions she wasn't actually overly dramatic, in fact she was really hilarious. She was highly infectious, you know. When she was telling her regrets or how sad she was you would feel what she was feeling. And when she's happy and being all flustered by a boy you'll go all swooning and laughing at her thoughts. I was really amused by her inner fantasies about Josh, you don't know how much I laughed at that. She sometimes could be frustrating especially with her decisions but her adorkableness was enough for me to overlook those. I loved that by the end of the book she finally let go of her regrets and finally realized what she really wanted of her life.

I loved those times when she started training the hockey team. It was amazing and really entertaining. At first the boys were quite rude at her (except with Josh and Will) but as soon as Hudson showed them what she got they started trusting and believing her. I loved how her relationships with the boys developed. They happily welcomed her to the group and when they started winning and they never forget to acknowledge her and give her the credit.

Josh and Will. *coughs* You know how I avoid love triangles but thank goodness, the conflict between Josh, Hudson and Will wasn't very much frustrating. I liked both boys but of course there will always be someone I'll be siding more, which in here was Josh. Josh was genuinely a nice guy. He obviously likes Hudson from the start but can't seem to make the first move. Every time Hudson and Josh were together, I was always like "Kiss now! Kiss now! Lol. That part in the Niagara Falls, I almost believed that they won't end up together. Will, on the other hand was also great guy and I think he genuinely likes Hudson too. I loved that how he knew who Hudson really like and how he let her go and was even the one to tell her that "she should tell him [Josh]"

Dani, Hudson's best friend was also one of my favorite characters. She's very supportive of Hudson and I loved that she was able to call Hudson out of her behaviour. And Bug too, her relationship with her sister was something. It was so cute and sweet and they care so much for each other. This kid was so brilliant I almost wanted to kidnap him (if that's even possible).  

Overall Bittersweet was a read full of funny, swoony, and heartwarming moments. This is a really wonderful read. I recommend this. And if you haven't read this, just a little warning, get ready to drool over the boys the cupcakes! They're so awesome I can almost taste them! LoL. >:DDD

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review, Eunice. This is not my kind of thing, by my co-blogger, Lisa is reading it and she's loving it so far.

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I've been wanting to read this book but haven't gotten the chance. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...