Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: Because of Low by Abbi Glines

Title: Because of Low
Author: Abbi Glines
Published: February 17th 2012
Read synopsis: Goodreads

Rating: 4 of 5 stars


I think I'm getting addicted reading Abbi Glines's contemporaries (I didn't like Existence for some reasons). This is my fourth book of her and I am really loving the author more and more. Lovely characters, swoony moments, steamy scenes, heartwarming story - Because of Low has it all and just like in The Vincent Boys, I was spent the entire time giddy and swooning or drooling.

Anyway, this is a spin off of Glines's first novel Breathe and this time Marcus is the center character here. Alright, where will I start? Marcus? Yeah, Marcus. This guy is abso-freaking-lutely awesome, you know, good-looking, funny, charming, caring, sweet - alright, stop Eunice! - I mean he's really a good guy and I really adored his character. I loved how much he cares for his family and Low. He does and say the sweetest and yummiest things. I really loved that part when Low found him asleep at the couch with her little niece in his arms. I can so picture it in my head and it was just really cute! Although he did some quite stupid and irritating things still it was just so easy to forgive him. Low on the other hand is the kindest and most understanding and forgiving heroine I'd ever met. I really admire and love her character. I admire her open mindedness and how she always tries to understand Marcus. She's sweet and caring and loves her niece so much. It was so easy to love her.

I loved how their relationship developed and how they treated each other which I say was really really sweet and swoony and hot! It hadn't been easy since they were both struggling with family problems which caused them to be not totally open with each other, especially about their family issues. There was this unexpected twist around the last part that kinda frustrated me especially how they first reacted (it took them two months to finally talk and come out on their senses and I really wonder why no one bothered to tell Marcus that Low didn't know anything about her sister and his dad's relationship.) Nonetheless, I was glad how later on they were able to handle the situation and talk things out and learned to accept things. 

It was a sweet and lovely story! I loved the ending and yes, Cage too! I would love to read a story of him too! Haha! I highly recommend this. If you've enjoyed Glines previous works you'll definitely love this one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...