Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Review: Black Heart (Curse Workers #3) by Holly Black

Title: Black Heart (Curse Workers #3)
Author: Holly Black
Publication Date: April 10th 2012
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Read Synopsis: Goodreads

Rating: 5 stars!


Call me bias or whatever but I gotta give my baby a 5-star! lol! 

Oh boy, I gave this book a 5-star rating but it's like I don't have anything to say! Ha! -- the rating speaks it all! lol! Alright, alright. I'll try to say as much as I can...

First of all, I'd like to say that I found this series really wonderful and unique. The world-building was awesome, the characters were charming and fantastic, the twist and mysteries were impressive and clever - with those all I can say is that I loved every bit of it. I am a little sad to part ways with this series and I would definitely miss Cassel, Lila, Sam, Daneca and Barron! But I am also very satisfied and happy to see the conclusion of this story. 

For some reason I feel like I've been with them for real and experienced too all those crazy things and stuffs and it was just relieving, you know, to see these characters, especially Cassel and Lila, to finally have things their way. Cassel's struggling with issues with his family, friends, love life and himself was poignant and I found myself repeatedly saying "Oh, Cassel" and I just wanna hug him. His voice was very endearing and it wouldn't help you but relate to him. 

The love story definitely had me. It was sweet or rather I say, cute? lol! I don't know, I just love how it was wrapped up. It wasn't overly mushy and sappy but it was definitely swooning. It was great and I'm glad they can finally be together. 

The ending was absolutely great. I love how Holly Black ended it in a way that was a bit open, she didn't pointedly tell who's bad and who's good and that leaves the reader to think which is Cassel. But what I guess, the story was telling was it's all about figuring oneself and making the right choices. It's not really whether your bad or good but whether your choosing the thing that would make it right for your self. 

This is one of the series that will always remain in my heart. I highly recommend this 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...