Friday, March 23, 2012

Review: Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Pure
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date: April 3rd 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hills Press
Read synopsis: Goodreads

Rating: 4.5 stars


Warning: This contains more of my rants about the romantic aspect on this book. And its a little one sided. It may spoil you so I guess don't read this if you haven't read the book. :))

I would say this book blew me away once again - in a good way, in bad way and in all sorts of way! It brought so many emotions in me, all at the same time. It made me happy, swoon, thrilled, confused, sad and frustrated. Don't get me wrong, this book is absolutely great and brilliant. And Jennifer did a very wonderful job and just proved once again how great an author she is. But I tell you, there were just so many things that happened that definitely squeezed and wrenched my heart. 

Alex is still just as kick-ass as she was in the first book. The same spontaneous, impulsive but lovely, brave and adorable heroine. And I still positively love her for that. Though there were lots of things that happened both wonderful and devastating which made her confused, hurt and all it also contributed a lot in developing her character. Realizations and understanding came to her as she experienced all of it. Though I may not have been happy with some of her decisions and choices (for some personal reasons!XD) I still really admire her and she's becoming more of an awesome character.

So now, the boys. Oh yeah, I guess I wouldn't be talking about them because it would only eventually lead to the romance aspect in this sequel. So I guess let's get it straight. Alright, to be honest I was freaking devastated! Jennifer gave me all the right reasons to love Seth, and well, it did made me love him. Boy, who wouldn't? He's cool, arrogant, sarcastic, but also sweet and caring and not to mention his breathtaking, swoon-worthy, jaw-dropping, mouth-watering looks. Oh man, he's totally my kind of jerk! And I definitely went a little gaga over him but - yeah there's a big BUT - I just can't love him enough to like him for Alex. I like Seth a lot, really but if you're gonna ask me who I want Alex to end up with, I am absolutely in Team Aiden. And to explain why I was devastated, I was deprived of Aiden here! There were so little moments between him and Alex and it wasn't even at all that swoony. And even though I enjoyed and appreciate most of the Seth highlights in here, that pool scene just killed me! It was hot and steamy and all but I can't fully appreciate it because it was breaking my heart. It was frustrating to keep on waiting for Aiden moments when all that was coming were Seth moments and it was all sweet, funny, and swoon-worthy! 

I do not hate Seth for making a move with Alex and liking her, for Alex to made that decision, nor Aiden for keeping on pushing Alex away. I understand everything, their feelings, the situation and the danger. But it was just really hard not to feel bad. So yeah, Jennifer, you're definitely awesome. Its very rare for me to be so affected by a book this big. After reading it, it was all I keep on thinking - possibilities, theories, what ifs, Aiden, Aiden, Aiden! - up until now and the days to come. It will consume me for days, that I am sure, just like what Obsidian did to me. LOL! 

Sometimes I wish Aiden and Alex could just run away! Haha! I imagine that someone will discover what Alex did on the last part and how Aiden tried to help her to cover that up and they would run away! Yeah, sounds pretty desperate of me. But boy, I am desperate! *sigh* Anyway, please don't mistakenly take my devastation over the romance aspect as a bad thing. It was mostly my personal opinion and feelings. I would still definitely highly recommend this! There were great and thrilling parts that I absolutely enjoyed and there were moments, other than the romance, that squeezed my heart. It was a very good read. Jennifer knows how to write a killer story. Haha! I am definitely looking forward for Deity! Please come fast November! 9 months is too long. :((

P.S.
I think I know that necklace Aiden was wearing and what "agapi" means too! *giggles* ♥ And Seth really reminds me of Dameon, they'll definitely explode if they ever meet. lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...