Monday, March 19, 2012

Review: The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker

Title: The Other Life
Author: Susanne Winnacker
Published: February 1st 2012
Publisher: Usborne
Read synopsis: Goodreads

Rating: 3.75 stars


I've always been a fan of zombies. Not that I'd loved them if they become real but I just like the thrill, excitement and nervousness they can make me feel. I've seen lots of zombie-themed movies and read some mangas of it. But I haven't really read any novel about it, I realized just after I finished reading this book (and I really wonder why I never thought of reading one. Hmm~). So basically, this is my first 'zombie' themed book and it went really well. Hurrah! It was good and I liked it. Though it may not be as gruesome and creepy as I had expected it was still a fun and enjoyable read. 

The Other Life has an exciting and interesting plot with really great and cool characters. I love Sherry's voice. I immediately saw that she's a strong and determined heroine. She never pretends that she's not afraid and definitely has fears but she's a loyal and determined person especially when it comes to her family and to other people she loves. Joshua, driven by the awful things that happened to her family, had become a really tough and brave person. He's also a very caring and thoughtful. And never think twice in helping other people. Whenever he could get someone to save he would always do it and I really admire that about him. 

The premise may not have been super original - invented a virus that had gone wrong, infected the whole city, the government or some big freakin' organization being behind it - it was still able to surprise me by some of its twist. I just thought it could have been more sinister. I was really expecting more of actions, chasing and fighting. I was waiting for something that would make my heart pound from excitement and nervousness and make me cringe in all its gruesomeness. Well, the story delivered enough, I just wanted more. lol! (Yeah, I have twisted sense of humor and I am proud of it! lol!) 

Anyway, it was still really a fascinating read and I'm very much curious on what's gonna happen next and how they will be facing those challenges. I hope the next book would be as good as this one or even better, more thrilling, gripping and heart-attack inducing

1 comment:

  1. I'm a newbie when it comes to zombie (only read two books). This sounds great! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...