Sunday, May 20, 2012

Review: Shine (Shade #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready

Title: Shine (Shade #3)
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Publication date: May 1st 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Read synopsis: Goodreads

Rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm seriously not good at writing reviews for the final book. It's like I don't know what to say even though I enjoyed and loved it. I just wanted to sit down, think of everything that happened and let out a contented sigh and a satisfied smile. Then be at peace. lol! But for Logan, Aura and Zachary who had all been a very fascinating and lovely characters, who made me swoon and grin so much it hurts and who provided me so much entertainment and happiness I guess it's just fair to share to everyone how good this series is. 

Shine was a really great book and I would say that it brilliantly concluded this wonderful series. I love how everything was revealed, resolved and finally fulfilled. The characters were well developed, the discoveries and truths about the myths were amazing and the ending was just stunning and fantastic. 

Aura on the previous book, to be honest, had me really worried and anxious in every action she did or decisions she made. But in this book I seriously loved her and trusted her. She was more sure, more determined, stronger and braver. I love how how much she cared for Zachary and how committed she was to him. Her determination to stop the Shift and help Shades to become ghost and passed on even if it was risky was amazing and impressive. She definitely grew up in here and now I can totally say she's pretty kick-ass heroine! 

Zachary. I just seriously love this guys so so much. Not because he did some kick-ass stunts and tricks and beat up all the bad guys but because I saw a very vulnerable side of him in here. He went through some pretty serious sh*t that almost had me bawling my eyes out and my heart ached for him. Still he never gave up, for Aura. He was a very impressive and remarkable character and I was just really touched by his dedication and love for Aura. 

I was very much touched and moved by this two. They went through a lot of things here but they always overcome it together. It was heartwarming and also very sweet. And I thank Jeri Smith-Ready for giving us so many lovely, cute, steamy and sweet scenes here and making me swoon countless times before finally wrapping everything up. 

The other thing that made me enjoy this book so much was the mystery about the Shift and Shine, the myth in Newgrange in Ireland.It has always fascinated me since I started reading this series and I really loved it discovering the truths about it. 

And one more thing that I really really loved Jeri Smith-Ready did here was she made Logan present, I mean, his memories were always present. He was always remembered and I even appreciated his character him more. It was very heartwarming and touching.

I really loved this series, it was beautifully written, remarkably unique and very captivating. Jeri Smith-Ready is a very wonderful and talented writer. I so encourage you guys to read this series, you'll never regret it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...