Saturday, February 18, 2012

Review: The Boyfriend Thief by Shana Norris

Title: The Boyfriend Thief
Author: Shana Norris
Published: April 30th 2011 
Publisher
Read synopsis: Goodreads

Rating: 3-3.5 stars


When I first saw this I thought it would just be something sweet, light, fun read. Just something you read to feel good and swoon and grin. Well, it did make me swoon and grin but it actually discussed more deeper issues than what I had expected.

The main character, Avery, was miserable and broken. She's a control freak and wanted everything to be planned out. Since her mother had left them 4 years ago she developed that kind of attitude, thinking that if she didn't plan everything it will all just shatter and fall away, she was so obsessed with being organize. She always have this scientific explanation in everything and gets to be so judgmental most of the time. To be honest, I find her really frustrating. She's like the character you'd want to shake really hard or banged up her head just to make her eyes open. 

Around half of the book I already wanted her friends to get angry just so she could be called out of her behavior.I was aggravated on how long it took her to realize how wrong she saw things and treated other people. But well, thank goodness around three-fourths of the book everything went pretty well - the part where she started totally understanding everything and admitting to herself and others her mistakes. 

I almost gave this a lower rating than 3 but the ending changed my mind. And how can I not move it up without considering how brilliant a character Zac was! Zac was a unique character. His choice of career was something I hadn't encountered in any books I've read. He's the opposite of Avery, they're like the ADHD and the OCD. Totally the opposite but they fit, they balance each other. Not just Avery's issues were tackled in this book but also Zac's. It was great how this two learned things from each other and changed what was wrong in them. And even though I'd spent most of the time getting frustrated with Avery I did still love her and Zac. They were just so cute together, especially that part in the ending!

This was a story of acceptance, forgiveness, change and living life the way we should. This was really a fast read, I finished this in just a couple of hours and I can say it was fun especially Zac, witty and really insightful. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my posts! I'll be sure to drop by your blogs too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...